Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mish-Mash Post

The title says it all. Years later, I would like my blog to remind me nostalgically(???) of my life from time to time. So once in a while,such posts will happen (Not because I couldn't think of anything else to write,okay?). Those who already know what's gonna come can directly go to the comments section ;)

Lets start with rants. My most popular rant since last week: My bike has got delayed by atleast 6 weeks :(. I've told everyone I know that I am getting a bike. 2 weeks later there is no bike to show!!! Those idiots informed me of the delay after the payment X(. But how typical of me! This time I didn't wanna hear people say "Always hype and no action" (I knew it !!!) but this is going the same way.Sigh! Speaking of people reminds me of another rant of mine these days. Suddenly everyone has gotten busy. I have to mention The HP fiasco here so that its not forgotten :P. No groups to hang out with,to go to the movies regularly or most importantly,for the trips. What irritates me is that I feel I am the only one who is free,who is available all the time. I have given this a thought and have come with a plan of action. More of this in days to come. If Mom hears me cribbing though, she already has a different action plan ready. I don't need to elaborate.

Dieting : People(Friends at office,particularly) have got bugged hearing this from me day in day out. I checked my weight today. 81.1 kg (with clothes on,mind you). FYI,I've reduced. I have to get to 78, and pretty soon at that. As Naruto would say,"Yosha!" Oh, I've started watching another anime, Getbackers (I can hear the exasperated sighs). Its only 49 episodes; will be finished quickly ;)

Cooking at home is going on well. I had made Bisi Bele Bhath last last week,which turned out yummy and pongal last week, which was not so yummy. I'll try something exotic next. Any suggestions? :D

Coming to movies, the good ones recently: Socha Na Tha (Abhay Deol's debut and Imtiaz Ali's directorial debut), The Reader,12 monkeys. I thought The Hangover was overhyped. And saw Magadheera at this popular single screen theatre where one man stands at the ticket counter and shooes people away with a stick ("block alli sigatte hogappa") and the theatre manager stands authoritatively and directs people to black tickets. And yeah, Kaminey is here and the reviews are very very positive.

Reading The Three Musketeers and The Kite Runner. Totally contrasting reads when it comes to writing style and narration.

Was listening to 'Teredide mane O baa atithi' yesterday. The fact that I can appreciate how really beautiful this song is made me feel lucky,proud and happy to be born as an Indian. And this is just one example of the beautiful things around you. Happy Independence day :)

I can't think of much else. And, here : C&H greatest .This should make up for wasting your time on this useless post.

Finally,thanks to everyone who made my Birthday special last week. Arigato :)

5 comments:

  1. lol..nice post..mostly cribbin though..n directly or indirectly commentin eh! :p:p..yeneways...give me ur mom's email id or some contact..so that she can contribute positively towards ur grievances!:D...n bout the..ahem busy part! :p:p..come work in my office...al ur grievances wil b put to rest..n instead of many ..ul just have one grief! :p:p:D lol!
    Kaminey is awaited with bated breath...hope the kamineys dont let us down this time..if u kno wat i mean! :p:p:D....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ash,
    Thanks but no thanks. Don't try to team up with mom :P. Yeah, I shud be happy I guess I don't work in ur ofc and I actually have free time :D. And abt Kaminey,history is repeating itself :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe all the yrs of taunts and cribbing in a nutshell is it? :D i suggest u really tell ur mom abt it so that she can start her plan of action.

    and you are welcome for the bday part..it was our pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I hear the song " teredide mane oo baa athiti.. " I remember John's comment . There was this singing audition going on in SASKEN and one girl was singing this song. John says " ee avl maneg baa baa anta ashtond karita idale onchur address iskond kode " :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rash,
    Damn! That rascal has spoilt it for all of us now :D

    ReplyDelete