Friday, December 25, 2009

Grounded!

I am grounded. Parents not at all happy with my regularly being out of town(dunno what their problem is :( ). The point now is for two consecutive long weekends,I will be at home(almost). So I thought I'll come with a proper plan to efficiently utilize the 6 days without simply goofing around on my PC reading reddit posts, stumbling etc and ending up getting bored. That's why this post.  So without further ado, lets gets started. I will also be editing the post to update what I actually did that day (Big incentive)


Day 1(Dec 25) : Well,  its a little more than 4 hours left for the day and I have no regrets. I cooked breakfast , saw a super cool movie (Avatar) today, slept a bit, cleaned up the house (prep for new year party at my place ;)) and now writing this blog which is very important too since its been some 50 days since I last posted! I'll go on a walk now and get a pirated novel. Looking for Godfather 2.
EDIT: I went out and got this book "Inspite of the Gods", with the tagline 'The Strange rise of Modern India'. Seems like a good read

Day 2 : A long pending activity, taking my bike LL exam. Seems like I have to muster all my will-power and  fight off strong inertia to go to the RTO office (wondering why? Lets just say bad memories) but I WILL get it done this time. To the club at noon. In the evening, I'll just curl up with a book. I also have to sort out clothes for the next week (Believe me, I have never done this.EVER). Watch some movie
EDIT: Didn't I tell you me and the RTO office don't go well? :P I went there at 10:45 and the agent says after taking the cash from me "Long queue now. Not possible.Come on tuesday" I submitted the docs and came.Went to the club also and as usual, my sneeze fest started and my head was heavy for a long time after comnig out of water. Rottentomatoes has become one of my favourite sites. They have updates on movies releasing 2 years later,cool movie info,plus the latest trailers (See IronMan 2 & Clash of the Titans).So you know what I did instead of "curling up with a book". I tried watching 2012 & Lord of the rings (Animated, 1977)but both were real funny. I did wash my clothes though.



Day 3 : Its sunday already. Have to go to the club again, to the gym and swimming. No excuses. Study something worthwhile,and then more cleaning up the house. I am planning on another blog post too, guess it'll happen here.
EDIT: I made Palak rice for bf(it was good actually), then sat down to read the book I had got while waiting for John(He was supposed to come from mysore to stay over at my place and get his passport work done the next day). So..ahem..3rd day didnt go as planned :P. We went for a round of bike ride (majestic :D. Actually went for 3 idiots,but no tickets). Then came home and saw back-to-back disturbing movies(Paranormal activity & District 9).
And thanks for the response for this post. People have been reminding & inquiring me about the plan. Kinda amusing and heartening too
:).Until next weekend...

Now I feel planning for the next week is to much for me . I'll try my best to stick to this plan. A new year you see, a new order :P

Day 4 ( Jan 1) : 31st is hectic with activity, so I guess I'll start the new year with a rest day. Ya and do Perl programming exercises (YES!YES!YES!) I'll meet up any friends who are free and ready to meet up
EDIT: It was a rest day (as planned :D) . Evening I was out with friends to the crowded chaat street, where we hogged junk food like there's no tomorrow. No Perl :(

Day 5 : Almost grounded, NEVER FULLY GROUNDED. Planning a bike trip to Yelagiri. I'm hoping it'll work out.
EDIT: Yay, went for a bike trip combined with a trek to Rangaswamy betta.There was nothing much to see there so half the time we just lazed on some rock and spoke nonsense . Evening again dinner out with friends. Point to self No more junk food and eating out for January

Day 6 : All Izz Well. Gotta catch 3 idots. I am allotting this to Sunday but it will happen sometime in these 3 days. I will be going to the club too (I have missed out on this for too many weekends off late. Trying to make up). Watch a couple of movies.

Hmm, lemme see scrolls up. This seems fine. Being at home doesn't seem that bad.I'll keep editing this post updating what I have actually done everyday. And no worries, the holiday season has just started for me wink wink

2 comments:

  1. U have a BF? :D
    I know.. I know.. U deliberately left it open so there be sm controversy leading to more comments. But nonetheless.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innocent-as-a-child that I am, I only paused for a sec to ponder if using crass abbreviations is not proper blog-etiquette. This is all and nothing else :P

    ReplyDelete